Tatum & Beckville Housing Authorities
Prevention methods to help stop the spread of
Coronavirus (COVID -19)
At our Housing Authorities, we prioritize the Health and Safety of our communities and want to ensure the well-being of our residents and staff. THA and BHA are taking extra precautionary measures to limit in-person interactions as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention. We are asking our residents and partners to call, mail, email, text, or submit inquires online, rather than visit our office.
Section 8 Program
All HAP payments to landlords will continue but delays might occur.
Public Housing Program
All Rent payments may be dropped off at office door slot or mailed in. Must be check or money order, NO CASH
- We are issuing new vouchers for current and new clients as available from our waitlists.
- If you are currently searching for housing and are not under a HAP contract (lease) with a current voucher that has been issued, please find housing ASAP.
- At this time, we are accepting new moves and port Ins.
- Recertification's process will be done by mail, fax, email, or text. Please return all paperwork by deadlines.
- If you have any income changes due to loss of job, change of job and composition changes, must notify within 10 business days.
- Inspections will be done on a regular schedule and other inspections done as needed.
Office open Monday through Wednesday from 8 AM until 4 PM
Office: 903-947-6464, Fax: 903-947-3230
Susan's Cell Phone: 903-424-3933 - call or text
Sterling Oaks Property and Beckville Housing Authority After Hours: Derrick 903-694-3005
Center for Disease Control (CDC)
COVID-19 - HOTLINE: 1-877-570-9779
TX Department of Health and Human Services website
HUD page on COVID-19
What you need to know about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Stop the Spread of Germs
Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019
What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)