How to Apply
How Do I Apply?
You can visit our Tatum Housing Authority office located at 200 Forest Acres Circle in Tatum, Texas or download our online application below. You may also call the office to have one mailed to you. Please view the Locations Page for contact information for the properties.
(Please complete the PBV Application ONLY if you wish to live in our apartment complexes located in Beckville, Gladewater, or Tatum.)
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Application List closed at 3:00 pm on October 31, 2023. We cannot accept any HCV applications until the list opens again. Please check back here for updates or check our Facebook page.
Applications must be printed, filled out completely, and signed by all applying adults. Applications can be faxed to 903-947-3230, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to P.O. Box 1066 Tatum, TX 75691, or delivered to our office at 200 Forest Acres Circle Tatum, TX 75691. A legible copy of a valid photo ID, birth certificate and Social Security card for the Head of Household must be submitted with every application to be considered complete. Incomplete applications will NOT be processed.
Applications go on our waiting list by date and time received by one of our representatives. It is your responsibility to update your application at least once every six months to keep the application active on the wait list.
You will need the following information to complete an application:
- Birth Certificate for all household members who will be living in the unit.
- Social Security Cards for all household members who will be living in the unit.
- Picture ID for all household members 18 years of age or older who will be living in the unit.
- Names of all persons who will be living in the unit, their sex, date of birth and relationship to the Family Head of household.
- Your present mailing address and telephone number.
- An estimate of your family’s anticipated income for the next twelve months and the sources of that income.
- The names and addresses of employers, banks and any other information Tatum Housing Authority would need to verify your income and deductions and to verify the family composition.
- Names and addresses of your current and previous landlords for information about your family’s suitability as a tenant.
- Other items may be requested at your eligibility interview.
After the Authority receives your application and the Head of Household's identification documents, it will be processed and placed on the appropriate waiting list by the date and time received by our representative. Once a unit becomes available, you will be contacted by phone or mail for an eligibility appointment. An application must be updated every six months, or it will be deleted per policy.
(In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Tatum and Beckville Housing Authorities will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.)