How to Apply
All THA and BHA Public Housing Waiting Lists are currently open.
The Section 8 Waiting List is closed as of February 28, 2019.
How Do I Apply?
If you are interested in placing an application, you can visit our Tatum Housing Authority office located at 200 Forest Acres Circle, Tatum, Texas or download our online application below. You may also call the office to have one mailed to you. Please view the Locations Page for contact information for the properties.
- Public Housing Application for Beckville Housing Authority
- Public Housing Application for Tatum Housing Authority
- Section 8 Housing Application for Tatum Housing & Beckville Housing Authority
Applications must be printed, filled out, and faxed (903-947-3230) or mailed to us. Applications go on our waiting list by date and time of arrival at our agency. Application may be picked up, filled out, and returned only on Tuesday mornings at our office.
You will need the following information to complete an application:
- Birth Certificate for all household members who will be living in the unit.
- Social Security Cards for all household members who will be living in the unit.
- Picture ID for all household members 18 years of age or older who will be living in the unit.
- Names of all persons who will be living in the unit, their sex, date of birth and relationship to the Family Head of household.
- Your present mailing address and telephone number.
- An estimate of your family’s anticipated income for the next twelve months and the sources of that income.
- The names and addresses of employers, banks and any other information the THA and/or BHA would need to verify your income and deductions and to verify the family composition.
- Names and addresses of your current and previous landlords for information about your family’s suitability as a tenant
- Other items may be requested at your eligibility interview.
After the Authority receives your application it will be processed and placed on the appropriate waiting list by the date and time received. Once a unit becomes available, you will be contacted by mail for an eligibility appointment.
(In compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Tatum and Beckville Housing Authorities will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.)